The 2015 Diverse Literacies Conference will be held on Saturday, September 26, 2015 at Bear Creek. Our keynote speaker will be Richard Allington
Join us on Facebook!
Attain your PDE ESL Program Specialist Certificate in one year for just the cost of textbooks!
Meet Richard Allington, our keynote Speaker for DLC 2015
Dr. Allington has served as president of the National Reading Conference and the International Reading Association. He received the William S. Gray Citation of Merit from IRA for his contributions to the organization and the profession. He has twice been co-recipient (with Dr. Anne McGill-Franzen) of the Albert J. Harris Award for their contributions to improving professional understanding of reading/learning disabilities and Dick has been elected to the Reading Hall of Fame.
Dr. Allington is author or co-author of 15 books including:
- Summer reading: Closing the Achievement Gap (Teachers College Press)
- Classrooms That Work: They Can All Read And Write (Pearson)
- Schools That Work: All Children Can Read And Write (Pearson)
- What Really Matters for Struggling Readers (Pearson)
- What Really Matters for Reading Fluency (Pearson)
- What Really Matters in Response to Intervention (Pearson)
- What Really Matters for Middle School Readers (Pearson)
- Learning through reading (D.C. Heath)
- Learning to read: Lessons from Exemplary First-grade Classrooms (Guilford)
- Reading to learn: Lessons from Exemplary Fourth-grade Classrooms (Guilford)
- Essential Readings on Struggling Readers (International Reading Association).
- Big Brother and the National Reading Curriculum (Heinemann)
- No Quick Fix: The RTI edition (Teachers College Press)
- Handbook of Reading Disability Research with Anne McGill-Franzen (Routledge)
- No More Summer Reading Loss with Cahill, Horvath & McGill-Franzen (Heinemann)